Watch Vincent J. Russo Legal Correspondent on Catholic Faith Network’s CFN Live! Vincent appeared on…
The New York State Department of Health recently issued General Information Statement (GIS) 18 MA/15 which sets forth several of the 2019 Medicaid figures.
Here are a few of them (as compared to 2018) –
- Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (“MMMNA”) – $3,160.60 ($3,090)
- Community Spouse Resource Allowance (“CSRA”) – $126,420 ($123,600)
- Resource limit – $15, 450 ($15,150)
- Monthly income level (community Medicaid) – $879 ($862)
- Home equity limit – $878,000 ($858,000)
The MMMNA and CSRA are the amount of monthly income and total assets (with some exceptions), respectively, that a community spouse is permitted when their spouse applies for Medicaid nursing home benefits.
The resource limit is the amount of assets a Medicaid applicant/recipient is permitted.
The monthly income level for community Medicaid is the amount of income one is allowed to keep. The excess, if any, is called the spend down and that must either be used for medical expenses or placed in a qualified pooled income trust.
All amounts are effective as of January 1, 2019.
The General Information Statement (GIS) 18 MA/15can be found here.
Russo Law Group, P.C.
3740 Express Drive South
Islandia, NY 11749