** This article has been revised from its original version which was published on March…
Aging Parents and Special Needs Children
Vincent J. Russo On-Air Guest On December 19, 2009
David Solie’s Aging Parents Insights Blog Talk Radio Show
Aging Parents & Special Needs Children
On Saturday, December 19, 2009, at 12 Noon (Eastern) I will be David Solie’s guest on his blog talk radio program, Aging Parents Insights, discussing the issue of aging parents and special needs children. This is a “must-listen” show for anyone who is involved with families who have special needs children.
To listen to the interview, simply log on to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/solie/2009/12/19/who-will-take-care-of-them-aging-parents-and-special-needs-children
We are all living longer including children with special needs. As a result, aging parents who are caregivers of special needs children, many of who live at home with their parents, are facing a new set of short and long term challenges. Not only do they have to worry about how to maintain their own quality of life during their retirement years, but they have to address the immediate and future needs of their adult child.
We will be discussing:
• How do aging parents physically take care of an adult child?
• How do aging parents financially provide for their child after they pass away?
• Where will the child live?
• Who will make the decisions for the child if the parent is incapacitated or dies?
• How will the government benefits be maintained and maximized?
We hope you can tune in to the show.
This Post Has 0 Comments