Russo Law Group, P.C. is continually looking for qualified, experienced individuals to join our Team. If you are interested in exploring employment possibilities at our Firm please fill out the contact form below and attach your resume along with salary requirements. Resumes are kept on file for 60 days. Thank You
1. Administrative Assistant – Clerk (Garden City Office)
* Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting department documents and information.
* Run Frequent Errands: Bank, Court, Post Office and any additional Messenger service needed
* Determines priority, format, and other requirements by reviewing instructions or references.
* Completes documents by entering/typing data from source materials or recordings.
* Revises documents by entering/retyping edited data.
* Verifies documents by proofreading and rechecking requirements.
* Reproduces documents by operating a copy machine/scanner.
* Maintains historical records by filing documents.
* Secures information by completing database backups.
* Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Maintains work flow by sorting and delivering information.
* Provides information by answering questions and requests.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Data Entry Skills, Word Processing, Thoroughness, Supply Management, Organization, Typing, Attention to Detail, Decision Making, Informing Others, Internal Communications, Results Driven
This position requires a NYS drivers License and a vehicle for daily errands
2. Legal Assistant/Paralegal in Trust and Estate Administration or Estate Planning (Garden City Office)
Boutique Law Firm looking for Trust & Estate Paralegal
– Preparation of probate or administration proceeding papers
– Collection and valuation of assets
– Payment of debts and bequests
– Preparation and filing of federal and state estate tax papers
– Preparation of informal estate accounting
5+ years’ estate administration experience(a must)
Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience working on large estates with complication tax plans preferred
Knowledge of fiduciary accounting preferred
3. First or Second Year Associate (Garden City or Islandia Office)
Elder Law/Estate Planning Law Firm seeking a candidate with minimum 4 years + experience in review and finalization of Estate Planning documents ie: Last Will and Testament, Advance Directives, Trust and more.
The right candidate will:
Enhances attorney effectiveness by developing case information, client contact, finalization of documents; maintain client files.
* Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
* Helps develop cases by maintaining client contact; scheduling execution of documents; preparing and forwarding drafts of advance directives; preparing and filing deeds; generating action plan reports.
* Answering incoming calls and routing appropriately
* Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
* Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Experience with Hot Docs and Time Matters a plus, Strong Microsoft Suite Experience preferred, Research Skills, Legal