It is very important for a child (minor or adult) to access all available government services such as Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Medicaid.
There are numerous exceptions and planning options that will allow a child with special needs to access these government programs. It is also critical that parents consider a Supplemental Needs Trust for their child as well as Guardianship, if necessary.
- My spouse was just admitted to a nursing home. How can I pay for their care?
- My child has special needs. What government benefits are available?
- When I pass away, how do I leave assets in a protective way for my children and grandchildren?
- How do I keep my plan current?
- How will financial and health care decisions be made and by whom, if I am not able to make them?
- My parent needs care at home. How can we access Medicaid to pay the bills?
- How do I minimize federal and New York State estate taxes?
- What do I need to know when I sell my house?
- My loved one lacks capacity to make decisions. Do I need a Guardianship?
- I had to stop working because I became disabled. Do I qualify for Social Security Disability?
- I am in need of assistance at home. As a Veteran, is there any benefit I can receive to help pay for my care?