What are the duties of a guardian? The purpose of Article 81 of the Mental…
This is a very common question – How to Hire an Attorney?
You want to make sure that you have hire an experienced attorney who can help you with your problem. You want to get it right. Many of our clients are in crisis and have little time to make this all important decision.
Here are a few tips:
TIP # 1 Ask Questions of the Attorney
- How long has the attorney been in practice?
- Does his/her practice emphasize a particular area of law that you need help with?
- How does the attorney charge and what type of fees can be expected?
- Does the attorney / law firm have an AV rating with Martindale Hubbell?
TIP #2 Ask your Family, Friends and Professionals
Ask your Family, Friends and your Professional Team for a recommendation or input regarding an Attorney you are considering. The Professional Team may be one or more of the following: Accountants, Financial Advisors, Attorneys in other areas of practice, Health Care Professionals and Providers.
- Can your family, friend or professional contact recommend an attorney who you have dealt with in the past regarding a similar matter?
- What do they know about the attorney / law firm that I am considering?
- What feedback have they received regarding the people who have used the attorney / law firm?
TIP #3 Check out the Attorney’s website and their reputation in the Community
- Does the attorney / law firm’s website make you comfortable that the attorney has the experience you are looking for to help you with your matter?
- Is the website friendly with useful information?
- Does the website contain client testimonials and a FAQ?
Let me know if these tips are helpful to you.
Also, Let us know what tips you would suggest before hiring an attorney.