Eric is a Partner with Russo Law Group, P.C. of Garden City, Lido Beach, Islandia, Bay Shore and Manhattan, New York. He focuses on the areas of Elder Law, Trust and Estate Administration, Estate Planning, Guardianship, Tax Law, and Real Estate. Eric is a member of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA), the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), ElderCounsel, the American Bar Association, and the Nassau County Bar Association. He is admitted to the New York and New Jersey Bars. In addition to serving on the NAELA Board of Directors, Eric is the Editor-in-Chief of NAELA News, serves on the Programs and Publications Steering Committee, and is on the Board of Editors of the NYSBA Elder and Special Needs Law Journal.
Eric earned his law degree at New York Law School, where he graduated Cum Laude. While in law school Eric created and authored an Elder Law blog, which featured articles that have been used in multiple publications.
Eric is a sought-after writer and speaker. He has written articles and blog posts for the NAELA News, NAELA Tax Section Blog, NYSBA Elder and Special Needs Law Journal, Nassau Lawyer, MassMutual Special Care Planners, The Student Appeal, and the Russo Law Blog. Eric has also presented lectures, seminars, and webinars to both consumers and professionals locally and throughout the country on topics such as Medicaid Planning, Special Needs Planning, Guardianships, Tax law (as it relates to the practice of Elder Law), and Real Estate.
Eric and his beautiful wife, Elizabeth, have been married for 10 years and have been blessed with three amazing daughters. Born and raised on Long Island, Eric and his family live in Nassau County, not far from where he met his wife in English class at Holy Trinity Diocesan High School. Eric enjoys playing guitar, reading to his daughters, and spending time with his family.
Eric J. Einhart’s Experience
- Member–New York State Bar
- Member–New Jersey State Bar
- BBA – City University of New York-Baruch College, Zicklin School of Business – 2007
- Juris Doctor – New York Law School – 2012 Cum Laude
Accomplishments & Recognitions:
- Avvo 10.0 Rating
- Super Lawyer Rising Star (2016 – present)
- 2020-2021 Board of Directors of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Editor-in-Chief of NAELA News
Association & Board Memberships:
- Member – New York State Bar Association
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Nassau County Bar Association
- Member – ElderCounsel
- Member – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Member – National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) Programs and Publications Steering Committee
Blog Posts by Eric J. Einhart
- What should I consider before making a gift? – Intention of the gift
- What should I consider before making a gift? – Value of the gift
- What should I consider before making a gift? – Medicaid eligibility
- The SECURE Act – Non-retirement changes
- Need to Know Tax Facts for 2020
- Charitable Gift Giving – When should I give to a charity?
- Charitable Gift Giving – How much can I deduct?
- Charitable Gift Giving – Is the charity a qualified organization under IRS rules?
- Charitable Gift Giving – Am I eligible to deduct the charitable contribution?
- When Should a Medicaid Plan be Presented to the Guardianship Court?