Choosing and working with a law firm can be stressful. Often you don’t know what the process is, what it will cost, and whether the law firm will even be able to help you! To complicate things further, often you won’t know if legal work is done correctly until weeks, months, or even years have passed.
To feel confident in your choice, and to know that your confidence is not misplaced, you should look for much more. Ask for testimonial letters (we have dozens!). Ask about credentials, designations, years of experience, books authored, and articles written. For example, Vincent J. Russo has co-authored the “book” on how to practice elder law and special needs in New York, New York Elder Law and Special Needs Practice, which is used by attorneys all around the state
Our team of elder law attorneys, estate planning attorneys, and special needs (disability) attorneys have represented the elderly and persons with special needs/disabilities and their families since 1985. In most professional occupations there is no replacement for experience. At Russo Law Group, P.C., our caring and compassionate staff have been involved in literally thousands of cases. Our experience is your protection.
Here are just a few reasons why you can feel confident choosing us to be your law firm:
- Long Island News called us the leading elder law firm on Long Island .
- Our law firm has met with and helped over 15,000 families. Our founder, Vincent J. Russo, has been named one of the top 50 attorneys on Long Island. Among many other distinctions, he is President of the NCPA Guardianship Corporation, which provides guardianship services for people with disabilities in Nassau County. He is co-founder of the Theresa Alessandra Russo Foundation, serving children with disabilities since 1992. On a very personal note, Mr. Russo and his family established the Theresa Foundation for children with special needs in memory of their daughter, Theresa, who had multiple disabilities.
- Vincent J. Russo is a Certified Elder Law Attorney (CELA).* This designation is the gold standard and highest professional designation available to elder law attorneys.
- Vincent J. Russo is also a member of the invitation only, NAELA Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP)
- Vincent J. Russo and Marvin Rachlin (now retired) of our firm have co-authored “New York Elder Law and Special Needs Practice,” a reference book for practicing attorneys.
*Certified Elder Law Attorney by The National Elder Law Foundation which is not affiliated with any governmental authority. Certification is not a requirement for the practice of law in the State of New York and does not necessarily indicate greater competence than other attorneys experienced in this field of law.